Raven in the swamps dance performance
Across the desolate swamps of these wastelands; today, you people are no longer maggots. You will emerge from your chrysalis, a new tautness of mind, from the deadly emanations of this performance. Your perforated sonar will scavenge on the acrid remains of swampland flesh and soul in concerto unison – accelerando! fortissimo! presto!... Behold, The Abdominal Bass Cavern of a Stricken Heart! Listen well, feast and fester, or turn on your heels and go back like a raven reincarnated in regret.
— by Joo Choon Lin
Date & Time:
2015.12.12-12.20 (Every weekend, 4-8pm)
Section 1 : 2015.12.12, Sat., 4-8pm
Section 2 : 2015.12.13, Sun., 4-8pm
Section 3 : 2015.12.19, Sat., 4-8pm (change to 2-6pm)
Section 4 : 2015.12.20, Sun., 4-8pm (change to 2-6pm)
This workshop is 4 hours per section. It will continue for at least 4 weeks.
You don't have to attend every section.
No.12-1 Jiali Sec. St., Xincheng Township, 971 Hualien County (near Carrefour) or other random tourism spots closed by
How to register:
Method 1 : Please download registration form and complete to fill in and send back via email or drop in person at studio.
Method 2 : call us and tell us your name, contact phone number, email and each section and date you want to attend.
Method 3 : register online by yourself.
phone: +886 38 261475 or 070-1000-0649
Deadline of registration : 6pm, 2015.12.11 Friday
Available for (audience):
Total acceptable workshop attendants is only open to 8 persons at this time for maintaining the quality of workshop. For those age range above 18 years old who are interested in dance, performance, meditation and costume design, welcome to join this performance workshop with Joo Choon Lin from Singapore. FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio encourage local residents to attend this workshop with us. Each section is only available to 2 participants. The height of each participant must be taller than 150cm in order to dress up with Joo’s dance performance costume properly.
1. The course includes all materials. We only accept qualified attendants via registration methods for this workshop.
2. Please keep your mind open to join with us.
3. When you decide to register, please remind us which date you want to attend precisely.
4. For maintaining course quality, we only can accept 6 persons in one course in one time. If the course is full of registration, we won’t take more registration for that course. We will notify you if you get selected to join this workshop with us via phone until Dec. 11th, 2015.
5. After workshop finishing, we may hold another exhibition for result presentation in the future. FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio keeps the right of changing any contents related to this workshop or future exhibition or any other activities related to this event and workshop. If there is any changing, we will post online via our official Facebook page. The exhibition for this workshop currently sets up during December 26th to February 29th, 2016.
**This workshop is already concluded. Please go to our official facebook to find out more.
© 2014-2019 FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio. All rights reserved.
2018 project support provided by the Visual Arts Fund, administered by Midway Contemporary Art with generous funding from The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, New York.