This workshop is hosted by our first residency artist, Chang En Men.
En Men is half-blood Taiwanese indigenous who is focused on the issues of urban living conditions for indigenous people and cultural justice.
During her residency at FOGSTAND, En Men will spend time sharing what she has learned as a visual artist and utilize formal teaching methods, traditional and contemporary tools and materials to provoke inspiration in people to regard their own local, personal stories as crucial to develop any understanding of a larger culture.
Date & Time:
2015.10.11-10.25 (Every Sunday)
Section 1 : 2:10-5:10pm, Oct. 11th
Section 2 : 2:10-5:10pm, Oct. 18th
Section 3 : 2:10-5:10pm, Oct. 25th
Workshops are 3 hours per section, continuing for at least 3 weeks.
You will need to attend every section in order to fully explore the intentions and results of the workshop.
No.12-1 Jiali Sec. St., Xincheng Township, 971 Hualien County (near Carrefour)
How to register:
Method 1 : Please download registration form, complete it and return via email or in person.
Method 2 : call and reserve your place by giving us your name, phone number, email and each section and date you want to attend.
Method 3 : register on-line.
phone: +886 38 261475 or 070-1000-0649
Deadline of registration : 6pm, 2015.10.6 Tuesday
FEE (only for registration in the beginning):
NT$1200/ per person
*The whole fee will return to each attendant after this workshop is finished. All attendant must go though each section for getting refund.
Available for (audience):
Total acceptable workshop attendants is only 6 persons at this time for maintaining the quality of workshop.
This workshop mainly is open for local residents located in Jiali Village and two others from outside the village.
For those age range above 18 years old who are interested in image making and photographic production, welcome to join this image making workshop with Chang En Men. FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio encourage local residents to attend this workshop with us.
1. The course includes all materials. We only accept qualified attendants via registration methods for this workshop.
2. Please keep your mind open to join with us and also prepare your own notebook, pictures, devices or equipments in advance to attend this workshop.
3. When you decide to register, please remind us which date you want to attend precisely.
4. For maintaining course quality, we only can accept 6 persons in one course in one time. If the course is full of registration, we won’t take more registration for that course. We will notify you if you get selected to join this workshop with us via phone until Oct. 8th, 2015.
5. After workshop finishing, we may hold another exhibition for result presentation in the future. FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio keeps the right of changing any contents related to this workshop or future exhibition or any other activities related to this event and workshop. If there is any changing, we will post on-line via our official Facebook page. The exhibition for this workshop currently sets up during November 7th to December 20th.
**This workshop is already concluded. Please go to our official facebook to find out more.
© 2014-2018 FOGSTAND Gallery & Studio. All rights reserved.
2018 project support provided by the Visual Arts Fund, administered by Midway Contemporary Art with generous funding from The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts, New York.